PDF support

Discuss about bugs or new features you would like to have in Open IT Online for Firefox

Moderator: denis

PDF support

Postby Tom 9234 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:37 am

I'd really like PDF support in OpenIT. There are numerous services now that support opening PDFs online, including Google Apps, ScribD, and SlideShare. This is not so much to get around the unpleasantness of Adobe's reader, but also just to archive and keep the PDFs around.
Tom 9234

Re: PDF support

Postby denis » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Hello,

as written in our FAQ, we don't plan to support PDF files for the moment. Maybe in the future, who knows ;-)

Denis
denis

Postby Chiharu » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:06 am

Dear Denis:

I do understand your position, but did you know that Google Docs now allows users to save PDFs?  I think that there are no difficulties to pass PDF files to Google Docs.

Sincerely,

Chiharu
Chiharu

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:33 am

Yes, there are lots of ways of opening PDF files online. However, I would really like to open them in Google Docs.

The reason is that I would like to keep all my documents in a single place; if I open PDF files elsewhere, they aren't integrated with my other docs.

Since OpenIT already opens lots of other file types in Google online, why can't it also open PDF files online? It seems like it would be a simple addition.
Mike

Postby duh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:10 pm

Mike wrote:Since OpenIT already opens lots of other file types in Google online, why can't it also open PDF files online? It seems like it would be a simple addition.

...and PDF Download noted at the FAQ does not do this.

What's more, some of the already supported services already support PDF with online view capability (Google Docs as you noted, but Zoho Viewer supports them too). Indeed it should be a very simple addition to OiO, and those who want to use something more robust for PDF files could simply not configure PDFs to be handled by OiO.
duh

Postby mish666uk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm

I would also love to see Open IT Online open PDFs in Zoho Viewer or Google Docs.
mish666uk

Postby this-is-me » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm

I vehemetly request the addition of online pdf support to Open IT Online. I use a portable version of firefox, and cannot rely on the computer I am using to have PDF support. Thank You for reviewing my request.
this-is-me

Return to Open IT Online for Firefox